- The other side of Turin
This is not a Lonley Planets guide of Turin: here you won’t find any Bicerin, Mole, Turet, Aperitivo, Vermouth, Savoia, Ronaldo, Juventus, Gianduiotto, clubtoclub. Just the bad news and daily problems of a large growing metropolis.
The assignment required to make 336 photos of a city dear to us: I've chosen Turin, the place where I studied, worked and grown up. The city is here presented through a particular frame: the crime news. 7 topics for 7 days, I have selected some common features of every big city.
CONCEPT: The worst as mean of search
1. Car Crashes: 48 accidents happened in the city between August and July
2. Crimes: 48 current events of the summer 2018
3. Closed Places: 48 bars and factories shut down
4. Drug Dealing: 48 arrests and reports of traffickers and pushers
5. Homeless: 48 spots and housing programs for homeless people
6. Mini Markets: 48 “Bangla” shops not marked on Google
7. Prostitution: 48 articles about trans, minors and women that sell their body
47% Personal experience
53% Online newspapers 157 articles, mostly collected from
www.torinotoday.it between May and August 2018.
184 pictures from Street View
- Care of the composition
- Use of Google Maps bugs
- Details and buildings’ interiors
64 pictures from Google Earth
- Top view of the area
Design Academy Eindhoven
Master in Information Design
© Code & Design by Cinzia Bongino